Undergraduate Dental Coverage
Wilfrid Laurier University
The policy year runs from September 01 to August 31
NOTE: Dental work must be completed in Canada
Annual combined maximum of $750.00/year/insured
- Complete oral examination (once every 5 yrs.)
- Limited/recall examination (once every 12 months)
- Specific oral examinations (once every 12 months)
- Emergency oral examination (once every 12 months)
- Complete series (once every 5 yrs.)
- Bitewing (once every 12 months)
- Panoramic (once every 5 yrs.)
Preventative Services (80%)
- Dental polishing (1-15 minute unit every 12 months)
- Scaling (2 - 15 minute units every 12 months)
- Fluoride Treatment (once every 12 months)
- Space Maintainers (for children under 12 years of age)
Minor Restorative (70%)
- Caries/trauma control
- Retentive pins
- Pre-fabricated restorations
- Root canal therapy
- Apicectomy / apeal curettage
- Scaling in excess of one unit in a twelve month period (max. of 8 units per year)
- Root planing
- Surgery to treat the soft tissues (gums) & bone supporting the teeth
Including wisdom teeth extractions
- Removal of erupted teeth
- Removal of impacted teeth
- Removal of residual roots
- Surgical exposure of teeth
- If performed in conjunction with insured surgical services
- General Anesthesia
- Deep Sedation
- Conscious Sedation
Limitations and Exclusions
The following expenses and treatments will not be covered under the Student VIP dental plan:
- Dental services not shown on the list of eligible expenses.
- Expenses incurred for procedures or supplies used in
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ) and treatment rendered for
full mouth reconstruction for vertical dimension correction including
attrition, or for prosthetic splinting.
- Dental services covered by any government agency.
- Dental services as a result of intentionally self-inflicted injuries
(while sane or insane) or as the result of committing or attempting to
commit a criminal offense.
- Dental treatment for cosmetic purposes.
- Charges for missed appointments, completion of claim forms, and advice by telephone.
- Dental treatment required as a result of war (declared or not),
military services, or participation in a riot, insurrection or civil
- Expenses incurred for preformed steel or polycarbonate crowns.
- Any dental treatment which is not yet approved by the Canadian Dental Association, or which is experimental in nature.
- Expenses incurred for nutritional counselling, oral hygiene instruction, and dental plaque control programs.
- Expenses incurred for the replacement of appliances that are lost, mislaid, or stolen.
- Dental supplies intended for sport use, such as mouth guards.
- Dental services required due to congenital malformation.
- Dental services rendered by a relative are excluded.
- Dental Services incurred outside of Canada
It is strongly recommended to obtain a
preauthorization with regards to extensive dental procedures performed
in order to prevent unexpected costs.
Please speak to your dental office about providing a pre-determination
(or quote) with procedure codes for required services and send it to
Fax: 519-669-1923 - Attn: Group Claims
Mail: RWAM Insurance Administrators Inc., 49 Industrial Rd., Elmira ON N3B 3B1
If the Insured suffers injury to whole and sound teeth, and within 30
days from the date of the accident obtains treatment in Canada from a
qualified dentist, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured based on the
fee schedule of the prevailing dental association.